GREAT WINE CAPITALS GLOBAL NETWORK HAS ANNOUNCED THE LAUNCH OF THE EIGHTH ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH GRANT PROGRAM
The International Research Grant aims to promote excellence and innovativeness in wine tourism marketing and research.
The Great Wine Capitals Global Network awards a grant of 4,500 euros per year for projects related to wine tourism marketing in a region belonging to the Network. In addition to the grant, the author of the winning project is eligible to receive an additional 1,000 euro stipend help meet travel and lodging expenses for presenting his / her project to the next annual general meeting of the Network.
Eligible candidates are students who have been nominated by a city in the Network.
The 2014 / 2015 winner of the grant is Ines Binninger from Mainz-Rheinhessen who will provide a reasearch about the “Development of a destination card system for Rheinhessen”. Her project was selected among 16 applications by a jury made up of the Education Committee of the Network.
The Great Wine Capitals International Research Grant: "Promoting Excellence and Innovation in Wine Research"
Wine tourism and marketing projects welcomed.
The Great Wine Capitals Global Network has launched the 8th annual International Research Grant program. Applications from qualified students or young researchers will be accepted until September 30th, 2015.
The program, whose aim is to promote excellence and innovativeness in wine research, will award a grant of 4,500 euros for a project related to wine tourism and marketing in a region belonging to the Great Wine Capitals Global Network.
The applicant must be currently enrolled as a student in an educational program (e.g. Undergradutae, Bachelor, Master,...).
In addition to the grant, the author of the winning project is eligible to receive an additional 1,000 Euro stipend help meet travel and lodging expenses for presenting his / her projects during the Annual General meeting of the Network in Bilbao | Rioja, November 2016
Previous award winning projects have been:
- "Positioning tourism destinations: wine as a competitive factor of a territory brand"
- "The impact of the internet on the wine sector: New strategies for wine marketing in the province of Florence"
- "The value of winery architecture for wine tourism experiences and regional marketing"
- "Purchasing behavior of neophyte wine consumers in supermarkets : the role of an interactive wine selection self-service technology"
- "The connoisseur continuum: Understanding the wine-involved in New Zealand"
- "The application of ‘Service Design’ in wine tourism destinations: Enhancing customer experience in Mendoza’s wine tourism products"
If you want to apply, please read the rules and fill in the Application form.
The Application form must be sent to your local EducationCommittee Representative by September 30th, 2015 (contacts to be found on the Rules document).