The Great Wine Capitals International Research Grant: "Promoting Excellence and Innovation in Wine Research"
Wine tourism and marketing projects welcomed.
The Great Wine Capitals Global Network has launched the sixth annual International Research Grant program. Applications from qualified students or young researchers will be accepted until August 31st, 213
The program, whose aim is to promote excellence and innovativeness in wine research, will award two grants of 4.500 euros for projects related to economic, environmental and social equity sustainability or wine tourism and marketing in a region belonging to the Great Wine Capitals Global Network.
The applicant must be currently enrolled as a student in an educational program (e.g. Bachelor, Master) or as a young researcher within 5 years of completing study, employed as a researcher (postdoctorate or other) or an academic (e.g. lecturer) at a tertiary institution or other recognised research institute.
In addition to the grant, the authors of the two winning projects are eligible to receive an additional 500 Euro stipend help meet travel and lodging expenses for presenting their projects to the annual general meeting of the Network in San Francisco | Napa Valley, USA, in November 2013.
Previous award winning projects have been
- “Generation X and Y: Understanding perceptions of wine and cellar door experiences as means to motivate and educate”,
- “Lessons for emerging wine regions: Napa Valley transportation and ecotourism”,
- "Place-based marketing and cross-branding for wine tourism: a supply-side analysis of opportunities and challenges in the South Island of New Zealand" and
- "The impact of the internet on the wine sector - new strategies for wine marketing in the Province of Florence".
- “Can interactive wine selection self-service technology help promote wines from the Great Wine Capitals?”
- “Development of a new tool for measuring the overall wine tourism experience
If you want to apply, please read the rules and fill in the Application form.
The Application form must be sent by August 31st, 2013, to the attention of Mr Fernando Urdaniz: at firstname.lastname@example.org