The Best Of program provides an opportunity for wineries and other visitor-serving businesses in each region to gain exposure on a local and international level for their commitment to excellence in delivering quality experiences to visitors through the following seven categories:
- Accommodations (open to winery and non-winery businesses)
- Wine Tourism Restaurants (open to winery and non-winery businesses)
- Architecture & Landscapes (open to wineries only)
- Art & Culture (open to wineries only)
- Innovative Wine Tourism Experiences (open to wineries only)
- Wine Tourism Services (open to winery and non-winery businesses)
- Sustainable Wine Tourism Practices (open to wineries only)
The first stage of the contest takes place in each wine region where a local jury of peers will judge the applicants according to the quality of services and facilities offered, the quality and original features of tourism offer, the customer service, and the degree of commitment to developing global wine tourism. Winners will be recognized at a local awards ceremony, receive a Best Of trophy, and be entered to compete for the international awards.
There, a global jury will choose one winner from each region to receive an international Best Of Wine Tourism Award. The 2013 international Great Wine Capitals Best of Wine Tourism Awards will be determined and announced at the Network’s annual general meeting in Florence, Italy, in November. Winners will be included in a global brochure published by the Great Wine Capitals along with global advertisements and press promotions through various media outlets.
To enter your business for a Best Of Wine Tourism Award, please click here to complete the entry form.