Have you ever imagined a celebration, a one-of-a-kind celebration throughout the longest and equally shortest night of the year, when nobody goes to sleep? A night filled with fireworks, music and entertainment that can be found everywhere. A night when the skies of Porto are lit-up by miniature candle-lit air balloons and the squeaky sound of plastic hammers echoing through the streets in a fun tradition of hitting people on the noggin, a tradition that no one seems to remember its origin but it’s too much fun to forget! This is St John, one of Europe’s liveliest street parties!
Welcome to Porto, Portugal’s second-largest city and one of the most beautiful cities in Europe! Porto is both the city that provided a nation with a name and a fortified wine famous world-wide: Port Wine. It is the capital of the North of Portugal and a World Heritage City, having a Historic Centre with over 150 classified monuments.
This recognition by UNESCO is undoubtedly a tribute to its wealth of over two thousand years of history. From the remains of Visigoth and Celtic villages, Roman roads, bridges and Castros to Romanesque and Gothic churches and Cathedrals built during the Medieval Age, centuries of man-built heritage are to be discovered in and around Porto.
In Porto, you will find a traditional welcoming and conservative environment, but also a contemporary and artistic city. This is shown in the streets, in the architecture, monuments and museums, and in the lively terraces, restaurants and leisure areas at the delightful sea coast and in the medieval Douro River side.
- Have fun at the unbelievable St John festivity, in the evening of the 23rd June 2012, one of Europe’s liveliest street parties!
- Discover Porto behind-the-scenes and its rich food culture in a unique guided walk & taste tour visiting and tasting, at lively popular markets, typical food and delicatessen shops, elegant cafes and genuine taverns.
- Gourmet dinner with a five course degustation menu and wines
- Cruise on the Douro River, in Porto, on a traditional Rabelo boat
- Special guided visit and VIP tasting at a famous Port Wine cellar, the place to discover this Portuguese wine and all of its history
- Travel by the Douro railway line, a remarkable engineering feat with spectacular views as the train follows the side of the Douro River during tens of kilometres
- At Douro Valley, visit and lunch at a delightful wine estate having a typical cellar with granite-treading tanks that are still used for winemaking today; indulge at this World Heritage vineyards scenery of terraces and great Douro and Port wines.
Price per person in double rooms:
- For 2 persons: 530 Euros
- For 4 persons: 480 Euros
- For 6 persons: 460 Euros
- Supplement for single room, 3 nights: 170 Euros
- 3 nights accommodation at a charming 4* hotel at the city centre
- 3 American buffet breakfasts at your hotel
- Gourmet dinner at Porto
- Half-day Porto guided walk & taste tour
- Douro River cruise
- Guided visit to a famous Port Wine cellar and VIP tasting
- Douro Valley round trip by train
- Wine guided visit and wine lunch at a historic Douro Valley wine estate
- Private transfers in and out
Bookings and information:
tel +351 229 399 410